Consent Form for Covid -19 Testing
This common consent form has been designed for use by parents and carers of pupils at Bredon Hill Academy. Please complete a separate form for each child.
- I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the school about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily, based on the information presented in the headteacher’s letter dated 14th July 2021 and the attached Privacy Notice.
- I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
- I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for lateral flow tests. I have discussed the testing with my child and they are happy to participate and self-swab.
- I understand that there may be multiple tests required and this consent covers all tests for the below named person. If, on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then I understand they will not be made to do so and that consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
- I consent that my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
- I understand that if my child’s result(s) are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the school.
- If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for confirmatory PCR testing.
- If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I commit to ensuring that my child is removed from school premises as promptly as possible.
- I agree that my child will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the confirmatory PCR have been received.
- I agree that if my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to the school and I understand that my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.